STEP UP is a visioning process for the Fellowship of Joy at Baptist Temple church of Fresno, CA. STEP UP is a call to Step Up to the plate and hit a home run for God as one of our members told me Sunday. It is also a capital development campaign, but it is much MORE. It is a time of revival and renewal of our lives, our dreams, and our commitments to Jesus Christ. STEP UP is an opportunity to pray and seek God for miracles in our church, our community, our personal relationships with God, our ministries, and our own finances as we develop sound principles of personal stewardship. STEP UP is an opportunity to serve, commit, and give sacrificially. STEP UP is a bold initiative to clarify our church's VISION, launch a bold strategy, makes some improvements to our facilities, and solidify our financial base so that we can more effectively fulfill our mission in the city.
S – Seek God to See a vision and Save room for God to work in your life. In Luke 7:11-17, Jesus interrupts a funeral to bring hope and life. May He interrupt us all as we see things the same old way, seek the same old answers and crowd Him out of our lives. "Don't cry," He says as He brings hope and life. SEEK, SEE, and SAVE!
T – Think differently about God, life, and money and Tune your life anew to the Spirit and God's possibilities. In Luke 7:18-35, Jesus calls us to think differently about values, about greatness, and about how His mission is accomplished in the earth. The movement of His Spirit shatters all preconceived notions and leads us to a new plane of thinking. THINK AND TUNE!
E – Eliminate the waste and debt in our lives and Extend our influence as citizens of God's new Kingdom. In Matthew 11:20-30, Jesus pronounces woes upon those have squandered their opportunities for participation in the Kingdom, but welcomes those who are unlikely candidates for greatness to come into His rest and fulfillment. Life in the Kingdom means we turn our backs on some of our old values and old way and embrace a new adventure of grace. We take on the yoke of Christ and find that His burden is light! Eliminate and Extend.
P – Plan your giving. Plan your life. In Luke 7:36-50 Jesus was anointed by a woman who made great sacrifices to give of who she was and what she possessed to honor Him and bless Him. She gave because of the joy of forgiveness and grace in her heart – and she planned it. What great dream has God planted in your heart that, if it were accomplished, would advance the Kingdom of God? Plan and Plan
U – Understand the times and Understand what you must do. In Matthew 12:22-39 and Mark 3:20-30 – What do you do when the Kingdom comes upon you and you experience great deliverance from God? These are times of decision that call for commitment. Understand the times and what must be done.
P – Put your time, talents, and money where your beliefs are. Commitment Sunday. It is time to act. Put Up or …
THIS MONTH WITH STEP UP (Campaign begins in February)
Soup and Seek: Step Up and 20/20 Vision Bible Study
Sunday, January 04, 2009 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM
Same Bible Study on Sunday at 9:30 A.M. and Tuesday at 7:00 P.M.
Doctrine, By Laws, and Strategy Study Group
Tuesday, January 06, 2009 6:00 PM – 6:45 PM
Step Up and 20/20 Vision Bible Study
Tuesday, January 06, 2009 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Two Gates Matthew 7:13-14, Vision Focus: Deep Beliefs 2
Sunday, January 11, 2009 11:15 AM – 12:15 PM
First Banquet Letter and Brochure
Monday, January 12, 2009
Fruit, Matthew 7:15-24, Vision Focus: Deep Beliefs 3
Sunday, January 18, 2009 11:15 AM – 12:15 PM
Friday, January 23, 2009 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
12638 Cumorah Dr. Clovis, CA. 93619
Saturday, January 24, 2009 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
12638 Cumorah Dr. Clovis, CA. 93619
Build a Strong Building, Matthew 7:24-29, Vision Focus: Strategy
Sunday, January 25, 2009 11:15 AM – 12:00 PM
Vision and 20/20 Goals Report to the church
Sunday, January 25, 2009 12:00 PM – 12:30 PM
STEP UP TEAMS
Each team has its own goals, tasks, and dates. Each will be given a set of specific instructions.
- Staff and Existing Leadership – Develop a budget and goals for the campaign lead the church to adopt a 2020 vision (Vision Statement, Mission, Purpose , Core Values, By Laws, and a 10-11 year Strategy Plan,)
- Visitation Team - 4 Teams to visit, pray with, and encourage each family in the church.
- Prayer and Small Groups Team – Organize, train, and equip groups to pray during STEP UP
- Themes Team - Design and decorate the church and help create a logo .
- Materials Team– Help us get it all together, fold, stuff, address, copy, cut, sort.
- Testimonies Team – Bring people to the platform who can testify to God's faithfulness and the joy of participating in His work.
- Web Team – Develop and implement website and email strategy .
- Commitment and Follow-Up Team – Oversee this key part of the campaign process. Lead the church through the times of commitment and follow up process.
- Banquet and Program Team – Arrange a great culminating event with food, entertainment, and inspiration on or around Commitment Sunday.