Bible Study/Discussion on Vision

Genesis 15:1 - After this, the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision: "Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your very great reward. Q and A: What was the purpose of God's vision to Abram?

Genesis 46:   - And God spoke to Israel in a vision at night and said, "Jacob! Jacob!"  "Here I am," he replied.  3 - "I am God, the God of your father," he said. "Do not be afraid to go down to Egypt, for I will make you into a great nation there. Q and A: What was the purpose of God's vision to Israel?

I Samuel 3:1 - The boy Samuel ministered before the LORD under Eli. In those days the word of the LORD was rare; there were not many visions . 15 - Samuel lay down until morning and then opened the doors of the house of the LORD. He was afraid to tell Eli the vision, Q and A: Why was Samuel afraid?

Psalm 18:19 - Once you spoke in a vision, to your faithful people you said: "I have bestowed strength on a warrior; I have exalted a young man from among the people. Q and A: How had this vision affected David's life?

Jeremiah 23:16 - This is what the LORD Almighty says: "Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you; they fill you with false hopes. They speak visions from their own minds, not from the mouth of the LORD. Q and A: What is the caution here about vision? Are all visions from God?

Lamentations 2:9 - … the law is no more, and her prophets no longer find visions from the LORD. Q and A: What is the lament here? How tragic is it when there is no vision?

Ezekiel 1:1 - In the thirtieth year, in the fourth month on the fifth day, while I was among the exiles by the Kebar River, the heavens were opened and I saw visions of God. Q and A: What is the great vision here?

Ezekiel 11: 23 - The glory of the LORD went up from within the city and stopped above the mountain east of it. 24 - The Spirit lifted me up and brought me to the exiles in Babylonia in the vision given by the Spirit of God.  Then the vision I had seen went up from me, 25 - and I told the exiles everything the LORD had shown me. Q and A: Why was this a timely thing?

Ezekiel 12:27 - "Son of man, the house of Israel is saying, 'The vision he sees is for many years from now, and he prophesies about the distant future.' Q and A: What does this say to us about having a long term vision?

Daniel 2:19 - During the night the mystery was revealed to Daniel in a vision. Then Daniel praised the God of heaven. Q and A: How did Daniel respond to the vision from God

Daniel 7:  20 - While I was speaking and praying, confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel and making my request to the LORD my God for his holy hill- 21 - while I was still in prayer, Gabriel, the man I had seen in the earlier vision, came to me in swift flight about the time of the evening sacrifice. 22 - He instructed me and said to me, "Daniel, I have now come to give you insight and understanding. Q and A: What can we learn from Daniel's description of his vision experience?

Daniel 9:23 - As soon as you began to pray, an answer was given, which I have come to tell you, for you are highly esteemed. Therefore, consider the message and understand the vision: Q and A: What can we learn about God's responsiveness to prayer?

Joel 2:28 (quoted by Peter in Acts 20) -] "And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions. Q and A: What about vision and Spirit?

Acts 9-10 – From the Bible Q and A: Discussion of the role of visions in the expansion of missions

Acts 18: 8 - Crispus, the synagogue ruler, and his entire household believed in the Lord; and many of the Corinthians who heard him believed and were baptized.  9 - One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision: "Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. 10 - For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city." Q and A: What sort of vision/purpose was this?

Acts 26: 18 - … to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.'  19 - "So then, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the vision from heaven. 20 - First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds. Q and A: What does Paul's example teach us about what we are to do with a vision from God?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changes

Psalm 22